Saturday, June 6, 2009

Manatees





My daughter loves manatees. Between the two of us we got some pretty good photographs of them. We went to Homosassa Springs State Park. The manatees at the park are gated off in the springs. So they are still connected to all of the water ways but they cannot get out. There was a manatee on the outside of the gate and all of a sudden it moved and a baby popped out from underneath it. That is the first time I have seen a baby in the wild. I think she wanted in and the others wanted out. Going to the springs really made me miss florida.
We also took a pontoon boat ride in Crystal River. We only saw one manatee there. The water was not as clear right now. The only clear spot was 3 Sisters. That is a group of springs in the bay. I did see a green heron, which I have never seen before.
Song of the day: "Life Is A Highway" by Tom Cochrane

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Great song

Those are really neat critters. Never seen one before. Thanks for sharing the pictures!