Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Little Birdie Told Me


I received my copy of Quilting Arts magazine yesterday in the mail. I have been waiting patiently for it to arrive. I have a piece published inside. Thanks to Frieda for including me in her article using silk in quilts. She picked up one of my pieces while she was here for the fusing workshop. It is "Sunshine Daises" pg.41. So if you do not have a subscription to the magazine go out and buy this copy! It is my favorite quilting magazine.
Now on a totally different subject I am excited about Shark Week starting on the Discovery Channel today. I love watching those shows. It always comes on the week before we go to the beach. I really do not like to swim in the ocean for alot of different reasons. None really to do with the sharks. I had a shark swim by me in about 3 feet of water back in 1986. When it happens you never forget it. It was right when I moved to Florida. All of a sudden its fin appeared right by my leg the went back down. That is what is scary, when you loose where it went. My friend and I walked very slowly until we could pick our legs up and run out of the water. Now I feel more educated about sharks than I did back then. I would really like to go on one of those expeditions where they study sharks. Especially the sharks that come up out of the water attacking the seals. It is somewhere off of South Africa.
The show I watched earlier today was about sharks and tonic immobility. It is how you can put the sharks in a trance by rubbing the ends of their noses. They tried it on Reef, Tiger, and Great Whites. The bigger the shark the harder it is. Very cool!
Song of the day: "Jaws Main Title" by composer John Williams

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

That is so cool. I'll have to see if I can find that. Just for shits and giggles.