Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shopping Spree


I sat down and watched the second series of my Quilting Arts dvd yesterday. I was doing everything I could not to go outside. It has been miserable here with the humidity. So, my 2 favorite people had 2 segments. Linda & Laura Kemshall from England. I really like their work. It is a mother and daughter and they are textile artists. I have had their book for a while. I am a visual and hands on learner so watching a few of their techniques was inspiring. It got me so excited I went to the art store today and bought supplies for my trip. We are leaving friday for Sanibel Island, Fl. My favorite place in the world. I am sure there are places that are more beautiful and full of culture but Sanibel holds a special place in my heart. Back to the Kemshalls, I really liked how they worked on their paper journals and filled them with ideas, color, and inspiration. I do not want to copy what they did but bring my own ideas to a journal for me. This will be great especially if I cannot sit down at my sewing machine. I will use what I find at Sanibel. Seashells, leaves, and photos I will be taking. I am very excited! I will be posting unless we get hit by a hurricane or something. I am just nervous because the last 2 times I have left there has been a tragedy.
I have been mixing dye tonight. My sons friends are coming over tomorrow and we are having a dye party. Shirts, socks, pillowcases, and anything else we can find. I just have to remember to take pictures.
Song of the day: "No Rain" by Blind Melon

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Have a great trip. Hopefully the weather behaves for you.