Saturday, July 26, 2008

Second day of Dyeing






We started out doing some more gradations. Most were dyeing fat quarters. I dyed full yards so now I have about 38 more yards to take to Nancy Crow this fall. If you have never taken her before you have to bring 100+ yards of fabric.
It went much faster because we in our groove. Some had a hard time stopping for lunch. I can stop anything for food. The afternoon was playtime. We went outside and used our platters. Frieda mixed all of the dye for this. It was great. She went over how we could apply the dye to the fabric. Squirt bottles, syringes, sprinkle dry dye, thickened dye with a brush, and you could even dye your friends. The wind was blowing so it was hard not to get any on you. I am a messy dyer. It's ok it washes off. It does not come out of your nails. Now I look like I have a fungus on my toenails.
I remember the first time I dyed, I went crazy. If it was white and in reach I was dyeing it. This was the first time for some and they were doing the same. It was comical to watch. Now we are going to get a dyeing group together and have some fun.
Song of the day: "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" by George Michael & Elton John

3 comments:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Ha ha That would be really fun to do with yarn. Some day I want to try painting yarn and then knitting socks or something with it. Love seeing all of the bright colors.

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

ok I just left that last comment and pressed enter and my PC started beeping and then talked to me in some weird language! Seriously... it lost it's mind! LOL So now I am leaving another comment to see if it does it again! LOL

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Nope that was weird