Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Little Excitement Today




The weather was really nice this morning. The water was a little rough but you could see most everything. I went out to tell my husband and son I was going for a walk down the beach. I started to go out in the water, looked down and saw something moving. I thought it was a sting ray because it was scooting across the bottom. As I got closer I saw that it was a shark. It was about 3 feet long. It definitely did not like me coming closer to it. It swam away pretty quick. There were small schools of fish around so I am sure it was feeding on them.
Tonight the water was very calm. About 30 yards off shore we saw some dolphins swimming down the shore. We usually see them every year. This year they decided to put on a show. They started jumping totally out of the water. It is amazing to me how many people don't pay attention to their surroundings. Most everyone out on the beach did not even see this going on. I love it when my kids get to see things like this.

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I am lovin the pictures!!!