Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tiny Treasures





What a great day we had. The weather was gorgeous. Not too hot with a nice breeze. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants for lunch, Cheeburger Cheeburger.
I am hoping we get a storm. The shelling is a little disappointing right now. I could walk up and down the beach all day. By the end of the week my neck usually hurts from looking down.
The top 2 pictures are shells that could fit on a nickel. I find really small shells. I like them better than the large broken shells. They are almost perfect. The 3rd shell is the banded tulip. It could fit on a half dollar. It still had its animal in it so you are not allowed to keep it. The 4th shell is a whelk. It was about 8 inches long and had an animal in it too. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Those are really pretty. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

margo duke said...

Hi Stephanie! Love your pictures!My brother and sister-in-law have a vacation condominium in Sanibel -- the shells on the beach there are amazing!