Sunday, February 22, 2009

Opry Night





We had a wonderful time at the Opry last night. I was so glad that my son had a good time. I think he was really dreading it. My husband has taken him to a few rock concerts and he hated them, too loud. He asked my 50 questions before we arrived. He survived 2 whole hours without any of his electronic devices.
I told him you do not always get a backstage tour each time you go. Steve Wariner gave him a guitar pick that he had used, he saw where each star gets their fan mail, yes they have their own mail box, dressing rooms, and Hal Ketchum told him he really liked his name. He wants to go back and I am so glad.
All of the acts were great. It was cool to hear Pam Tillis talk about going with her dad, Mel, when she was toddler and taking a nap in his guitar case while he wrote music. There is just so much history with country music and the Opry. The lady that took us on our tour was sad because it was her last night. They were cutting her position. All the stars were hugging her and wishing her well. It looked like one big happy family.
Song of the day: "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I am so jealous!!! At least you didn't get to see Gary! I'd probably cry! Glad you had a great time!