Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Butterflies




I was working on a new butterfly piece today. So, I wanted to show you the 2 pieces that started my butterfly series. The 2 pieces measure around 12 x 12. I made them specifically for the Quilting Arts calendar contest. I was very excited to hear that the top piece "Aerial Ballet" got accepted to be on the calendar for 2007. Now the new piece I am doing will be much larger with alot more butterflies. I am showing you the butterflies but that is all I can show for now.
I took a break tonight from the butterflies and worked on my grapes and leaves. They are trapunto so the machine applique is taking care of that. I am almost done, I have one more cluster of grapes to stitch down and then cut the batting away. I figure if I try and work on a few things each day I might actually get something finished. If you haven't seen them check out the I Love My Music post.
Song of the day: "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John

No comments: