Sunday, June 15, 2008

Borders


A finally got the borders on with just a few adjustments. I really like the way they look. I am glad I thought about it for a few days. That usually helps me figure something out. I used alot of my fabric which was good. I am trying to think of a way to discard my scraps. If I keep them that makes me want to buy more to go with it. I already have a bag of scraps to give one of the ladies in the guild. I cleaned my studio last night and found more things I need to get rid of.
I started piecing a new quilt tonight. I have had the strips cut since the fall. I am excited about this quilt. I am going to trade with a photographer for one of his prints. I picked out a masculine pattern and colors. I have a feeling I am not going to want to part with it. It is all batik and colors I like too. I will just have to be strong and hope that I find one of his prints that just make me forget about the quilt. I will post a pic as soon as I get a panel done.
Song of the day: "Stomp" by The Brothers Johnson

2 comments:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

That is really neat. I like how the boarder is kinda contrasting yet matching. I have seen a picture of John with out a hat. He's got hair line issues, but it looks good on him. Ha ha He's gonna be a sexy old man like Christopherson (hope I spelled that right?)

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Thanks for the good laugh. I'd say I sound like a cow drowning ha ha ha