Sunday, June 8, 2008

Busy Week


If feels good to post something again. It was a very busy week and I felt like a taxi service. I had a bad start to the week. My friend Joan lost her battle to cancer last sunday night. Very sad, I still cannot believe it. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with her family. I had heard some friends of mine talking about a book, The Shack. I picked it up one morning while I was waiting on my son to finish his morning camp. It really helped with my emotions from Joan passing. If you have not read it I would recommend it, The Shack by William P. Young.
I think my son really liked lacrosse. It was our first hot and humid week so that didn't help. Once he got to wednesday he did much better. We came home straight from camp on wednesday so I could help my neighbor. She invited about 40 kids over to dye shirts red, white, and blue for the 4th. So I gave her some of my dye and helped with the process. Everyone really had a good time. I meant to take pictures but that did not happen. I will take pictures of my shirts when I wash them out. We had a ton of dye left over so I took some over to my friend Barb's house and helped her and her grandchildren dye some shirts. Kids really enjoy the process. I will be dyeing fabric here soon.
I worked in the yard all day yesterday. I love to play in the dirt. I know my grass will start turning brown here soon because we are not getting rain any time soon. It has already been hotter than normal too.
My treat was to sew all day today. I did too. After I quilted the soldier quilt I really liked it. I had made alot of 4 patches about 3 years ago and did not want to use them for the same thing I made them for. So I made some sashing and started sewing it all together. It is the civil war reproduction fabrics that I got into when I first moved to tennessee. It really shrunk when I started putting it together. I lost a whole row. I will have to add a good size border to make it a big lap quilt. Each 4 patch is 4 inch finished. I am just glad to be using them for something.
Song of the day: "Steady As She Goes" by The Raconteurs

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I'll have to check that book out some time. I really like your quilt. It's always nice to use some old things up, and it makes room for more.

I would so love to be in Nashville to be checking out all of the music history and to see whats going on now. Problem is my hubby is anti-hick and thinks that the only thing in Nashville is country music. So I will never get there with him. I told him if we ever win the lotto I'm buying a house down there and he can come and visit if he wants too. ha ha MEN Why are they so stubborn???

Maybe some day I'll have to hit ya up for your frog patterns, but I've been using this book for all of the little ones I have been making. I bought it in highschool and I am just now getting around to using it. ha ha