Monday, December 1, 2008

Pear Pincushions




I actually have 2 patterns for this pincushion but I decided to make the larger one first. I have not made a pincushion up until a few weeks ago, now I am addicted. I just keep making them in groups of 2's. I look at my stash and think that would make a cute pear then I make another one. The hardest part is stuffing them. It took way more fiberfil than I expected. The very bottom is filled with rice. That makes it bottom heavy and stand up better. The first pattern I bought was from Heather Bailey. Her fabrics and patterns are so feminine. The second pattern was from Nancy Halvorsen. That is the pattern I used. Her pear was about 7 inches tall. It is in her 12 Days of Christmas book. I am sure I will make more before christmas to give as gifts.
I am getting ready to go to the church to set up for our party tomorrow. I hope the ladies like getting the pin cushions as a prize in our scavenger hunt. There was a slight chance of snow but I think it has passed. No school no party. My son is doing the snow dance!
Song of the day: "Get Busy" by Sean Paul

1 comment:

Frieda Anderson said...

I love the pin cushions!! Happy Holidays. Your BFF