Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quilt Store




I absolutely did not do anything quilt related yesterday. I figured you did not want pictures of me cleaning or going to the grocery.
My friend Julie called me last night and asked if I wanted to go help her buy some fabric. Well if I can't get some for myself that is the next best thing. She is doing the Mumbo Gumbo too. I told her that the 1930's reproduction fabric might look really cool. It would give it a lighter more pastel feel but if you put black in it the colors would really pop. She got some great colors and we found one black repro. I knew there weren't alot of black but I thought we would find more than one. I am excited for her to get started so she can see what I am picturing in my head.
I took her to The Quilters Attic in Goodlettsville, which is north of Nashville right off of I-65. It is a great store. The ladies that work there are very helpful and friendly. So if you are coming to this area you need to go by there. The downstairs is fabric and patterns and the upstairs is a huge classroom and quilts are hanging everywhere. Even though I am trying not to buy too many commercial prints I do like to support my local quilt stores.
I am going to watch hockey tonight. It will be interesting to see how the Predators play. They do not seem to be very consistant. They are fighting for a spot in the playoffs.
Song of the day: "All Around The World" by Lisa Stansfield

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Wow now that looks like alot of fun.