Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Working At Last


I tried my hand at adjusting my Gammill yesterday. Lets just say I messed it up more than it was already messed up. So I got ahold of a lady from the guild that does long arm quilting as a business. She gave me the name of a guy in the area that services industrial sewing machines. She told me a little about him and how he helped her. I actually got him to come to my house today and look at my machine. He was here 2 1/2 hours and my machine sews better than it ever has. I can go fast now, I can sew in manual mode now, and my thread stopped breaking. It was like sewing with a different machine. I finished quilting the quilt I had put on the machine a while back while he was here. We tried every scenario on the machine. It was like a dream. I will definitely be using it more now. I also told him he could not move away for any reason!
Song of the day: "September" by Earth Wind & Fire

2 comments:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Yay! Glad it's working great for you. Now you should be able to get alot more done faster.

Karen said...

That is the only thing that is stopping me from owning a longarm. I wouldn't have a clue what to do if it wasn't working correctly. Keep that man's name on speed dial...lol