Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Crazy Colors And Curves


Today was our monthly guild meeting. It was very well attended because it was our guild challenge. You had to pick a friend to work with and make 2 different quilts. The concept was Side by Side. The only rule was that you had to use a striped fabric. There were no size requirements either. I was surprised at how large some of the quilts were. It was cool to see how each pair interpreted the theme. I do not have pictures because the room was very crowded.
I did a little more on the Orange Peel. This is what the block looks like. I will not piece this quilt together until all of the components are finished. I will see how I do piecing all of the curves. I may just have to pay someone to do it. The border and corners are crazy. Why I continue to torture myself with curves is beyond me.
Song of the day: "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I can't wait to see more of this!