Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Paducah Bound





All packed and ready to head out in the morning. First stop, Starbucks and then I will be hitting Hancocks of Paducah before the rest of the nation gets there. That place gets crazy. I don't know if I can take pictures inside but I will try. I have to say the first time I saw Hancocks I was extremely dissappointed. I thought it was going to be this great quilt store. It is just a huge warehouse. Don't get me wrong they have everything but that kinda burst my bubble. I may head to the Museum of the American Quilter's Society after that, then go to the show on thursday. If you have never taken a workshop there you should. It is a great facility and you get to look at all the quilts. I love to point out the wooden quilt to people that have never been there before. It is so cool. I hope to return with lots of pictures and goodies to show all of you. See ya on sunday.
Here are some more photos of my sewing day. Some of us worked and some of us lounged!
Song of the day: "You Got Me Rocking" by The Rolling Stones

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Wow that sounds like a fun trip. Have a great time. Thanks for sharing the link to those wooden quilts. I passed it on to a bunch of family and friends who like to sew. I can't believe how realistic they look.