Thursday, February 21, 2008

For All You Knitters



Well I have been laid out for 2 days with that crud my husband had for over a week. I got on an antibiotic quicker than he did so hopefully my recovery will be faster. I've got too much to do to be sick. I was rockin and rollin over this past weekend and then wham! I thought my daughter was getting it. She came home from school yesterday and wanted to lie down on the couch which is totally unlike her. That wasn't the problem but the blanket she was carrying was. She had pulled out this knitted blanket that my Granny had made for me.
I think I have said it before that my Granny can make or do anything. All I have to do is ask her to make me something and she will. She made this for me back in the 90's. It is reversible and mirror imaged. I forget how many of these she made. She never could make one of anything. We were all a bunch of vultures just waiting to pounce on what she made.
I talked to my mom today and she said Granny was telling her that she was worn out. For my Granny to admit that she must be. She is a trooper. I hope to do half the things in my life that she did in hers. I thought she was going to be 85 but she will be 88 on her next b-day. These days she is just quilting. We used to quilt together when I lived in Fla. I felt guilty for leaving. She and I have always been close. Her favorite part of the sewing machine is the embroidery unit. Last time I spoke with her she was working on an embroidery quilt. I can't wait to see it finished.
Song of the day: "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson

2 comments:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

That is absolutely beautiful. Hope ya'll are feeling better!

flgal0724 said...

wow, i never saw that one! i have to agree she can do anything. i love to cuddle with the wedding ring quilt you two made for me. the hand quiliting on it is beautiful. i know i couldn't do that as well as she did :)hope you recovery fast. i know you hate being ill.
tiff