Sunday, February 17, 2008

One More Down



I am so excited about everything I accomplished this weekend. I pieced that other Turning 20 top. This one is for my daughters best friend Heather. Her favorite color is green. This will be her high school graduation gift. I had started one of these quilts for my bedroom to hang over the back of a chair. It is brown and blue, with a little red just to spice it up. It is very earth tone. I will finish getting it together tomorrow. I hope during this week I can get all the backs for these tops pieced and start quilting on one of them. I need to order a couple cones of thread from Superior Threads. They have some variegated thread that will match those 2 tops.
I also quilted the squares for a new bag. This one will go to my friend in Paducah. It will match the quilt I am giving her. I had fat quarters left over from her quilt so I used them.
Song of the day: "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" by John Mayer

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

These blankets have a retro feel to them. I love it!!! OMG never heard of that song. I must go check it out!