Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thankful For The Weekend



It has been a good day today. I really feel like I got some things accomplished. Mixed in with going to the grocery, doing laundry, and fixing dinner I pieced a top together. I have to get busy on some quilts or I will not get them done in time. I have so much more energy on the weekends. Just that little extra sleep in the morning helps. I am not a morning person so during the week I struggle. My perfect day would be sleep till about 10am and go to bed about 2am. Most of my friends are morning people. Mornings suck!
Back to the quilt top. This quilt is for my daughters best friend who is a boy. He is into Kung Fu and likes red. I think he will like this asian fabric and the quilt looks masculine. I should be able to quilt it this week. It will be his high school graduation gift.
I put flannel on the back of all of my lap and bed quilts. So I have been collecting it for a while. I usually buy 6-10 yards at a time. I never match the back to the front. The flannel makes the quilt a little heavier but it is really warm. The quilt stitches sink into the flannel and look great. I have a black paisley that will look good with his top.
Tomorrow I hope to get another top pieced and a bag started.
Song of the day: "Bringin' On The Heartbreak" by Def Leppard

2 comments:

julie said...

Love those colors and pattern!! Can I shop at your flannel store??Enjoy those wonderful weekends.

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Wow, look at all of the material. I love it. The top to your quilt looks really pretty. Great song!!!