Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fused Flowers


I am so excited that I finally finished this piece. It has just been hanging on my design wall. The only thing left I had to do was the satin stitch binding. I just could not bring myself to do it. It wasn't something exciting to sit down and do. I knew it would be something good to bring to my sewing group today. We had limited time and I did not want to bring a big project. I did this piece at Art Quilt Tahoe in 2006. It was Sue Benner's fused flowers class. She is so talented. I am amazed when someone explains something I can't seem to figure out on my own. It's like DUH! The class was great and the fact that I was there with friends made it even better. I am looking forward to going back to Tahoe some day.
We were very productive today in the group. This was the second time we have gotten together. The first time we just discussed what we wanted out of the group. For this year we have decided to do a christmas quilt and a quilt we picked today. We will see how creative we all can be on the same quilt. We laughed, did some sewing, ate, and heard about one ladies mission trip to Guatamala. It was very sad and inspiring. Even though I complain and whine I am very thankful for the blessings God has given me!
Song of the day: "If You Ever Have Forever In Mind" by Vince Gill

1 comment: